When you set up SW+ Alerts, you are required to create a SW+ Alerts account. The process below assumes that you acquired SW+ Alerts via a promotional code link and now need to restore that SW+ Alerts account.
You may need to restore SW+ Alerts in one of these scenarios:
- You delete the StormWatch+ app from your device and have downloaded it again
- You download the StormWatch+ app on a new device that wasn’t restored from a backup
- The SW+ Alerts service logs you out of SW+ Alerts (an extremely unlikely event)
- You log out of SW+ Alerts
If any of those scenarios applies to you and you previously setup SW+ Alerts via a promotional code link, follow these steps.
1. Ensure the StormWatch+ app is installed. Then, go to the “Weather Alerts” tab.
2. Tap “Restore StormWatch+ Alerts”, and agree to the disclaimer presented.
You will see a screen (like that below) indicating we could not locate your purchase of SW+ Alerts. As a user who acquired SW+ Alerts by promotional code link, select “Login with SW+ Alerts Account” to proceed.
3. Next select “Already have an account? Log in”.
4. Enter your SW+ Alerts account credentials and tap Login.
5. SW+ Alerts will then be restored on your device.
Rest assured, your previous alerting preferences are stored in your SW+ Alerts account and restored. (Note, however, that locations are device-specific and may have to be re-entered if restoring on a new device.)